- Nominal voltage: 12 V
- Nominal power: 55 W
- Guarantied operation range: from 10.5 V to 15.0 V
- Maximum voltage: 16 V
- Consumption: 4.32 A @ 12 V
- Luminary type: 55 W low pressure sodium vapor
- MTBF: 30,000 hours
- Tube life time: 50,000 cycles
- Symmetric self oscillator circuit compensated with state-of-the-art transistors.
- Oscillation frequency: 25 kHz a 30 kHz depending on the operating conditions
- Wave form: sinusoidal
- Distortion: < 3%
- Protections: tube break, "reóforo" break, tube extraction, overheating.
- The polarity protection is performed by blowing the fuse when the polarity is interchanged. If a series diode were used the efficiency would decrease, going from 95% to 85%.
- Includes thermostatic protections.
- Environmental conditions: -10º < temperature < 50º, H.R. < 90% (without condensation)
This ballast is also manufactured
in a double level version: the same luminary operates at full power or
at percentage of the nominal power with a low luminosity reduction (because
of the logarithmical nature of the human perception). Usually this option
is used in public lighting systems, lighting at full power until midnight
and reducing the light until daybreak. It requires the use of the
RFAR-2 charge controller to perform the